Fatback 3.5" Drop Point Folding Knife by Kershaw®. No, the Fatback does not have a fat back. In fact, it has a rather slim handle. But to ensure you always have an extra secure grip, it does have some extra fat texturing on its glass-filled nylon handle. Actually, Kershaw call it the Fatback because it's one very tasty knife. Like bacon. The handsome blade is a modified drop-point with a dagger-like shape.
- Not legal for sale in the following states: New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Texas, Illinois, Michigan, Massachusetts and Hawaii
- Can not be sold internationally
|Steel: 8Cr13MoV, black-oxide coating|
|Handle: Glass-filled nylon|
|Blade Length: 3.5" / 8.9 cm|
|Folded Length: 4.25" / 10.8 cm|
|Overall Length: 7.75" / 19.7 cm|
|Weight: 3.6 oz. / 102.1 g|
|Lock Type: Liner Lock|
|Blade Style: Drop Point|
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use, one side of the knife's steel "liner," the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open
- 4-Position - The user may position the pocketclip for tip-up or tip-down, left- or right-handed carry.
The 8Cr13MoV blade steel, with Kershaw's precision heat treatment, provides long-lasting edge retention, as well as strength and hardness. Black-oxide coating offers an additional measure of blade protection and non-reflectivity. The Fatback opens with Kershaw's SpeedSafe assisted opening for smooth, one-handed opening. The pivot is oversized and decorative. The handle is drilled to support Kershaw's four-position pocketclip-so you can carry tip-up/down, left/right, whatever your preferred carry position. And finally, the Fatback's deep-carry pocketclip lets the knife ride securely and comfortably low in the pocket.
Kershaw® was founded in 1974 to design and manufacture tools that knife users would be proud to own, carry, and use. This has meant that every Kershaw knife must be of the highest quality. Whether it’s a hardworking pocketknife, a hunting knife, or a special collectors’ edition, Kershaw always chooses appropriate, high-quality materials and is dedicated to intensive craftsmanship. Along with extremely tight tolerances and state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques, this ensures that Kershaw knives provide a lifetime of performance.